Introduction to Systems Biology 2011-2012
- first mathematics test will be 5th of Oct at 11 am
- Biology test will be Friday 21st of October at 10 am,
NIKHEF room F3.21 (lecture room)
- final presentations in Artis: 28 Oct, for the program, please see Fundamentals of Bioinformatics#Presentations
General information: note: update of the general info, with info on the Friday biology class
- Media:intro SB 2011.pdf
- Media:kitano Science 2002.pdf
- Media:Metabolic reconstruction and FBA.pdf
- Media:genome-scale models_shown.pdf
- Media:price NatRevMicro 2004.pdf
Sept 14th: lecture by Frank Bruggeman WN-P663 Assignment in WN-P323!!!
After downloading the doc file, please change the extension into .nb (mathematica notebook). Wiki does not accept this extension... Pictures from Frank:
Mathematica installation instructions: VU students with an FEW accounts (all of you have such an account): 1. Download and installation instructions can be found at: http://www.nat.vu.nl/~ivo/MM/x/Installation.htm 2. For the different distributions of Mathematica (Linux, Apple, Windows) go to: http://itg.few.vu.nl/?p=applications-303&m=120
UVA students should contact Huub Hoefsloot <H.C.J.Hoefsloot@uva.nl> to install an UVA license.
Sept 15th: Lectures in Artis: please be there at 9.30 SHARP Assignments are between 14 and 17 at the VU, WN-F229. Your presence is obligatory.
Sept 21st: Lecture from Huub Hoefsloot in WN-P663, computer practical is in WN-P323 (this is different than VUrooster!!!) because of the need for Matlab
Sept 22nd: Lectures in Artis, same recipe. In the afternoon there will be instructions first in M212
Sept 28th: Lectures from Joost Teixeira de Mattos
Sept 29th: Lecture from Bas Teusink
Lecture from Hans Westerhoff
- 9.00-11.00 lecture by Bas Teusink (blackboard teaching).
- 11.00-12.00 mathematics test.
- 12.00-13.00 lunch.
- 13.00-16.00 mathematics: linear algebra.
Oct 6th: Lecture by Douwe Molenaar
Assignment for 6th of October:
- Media:Assignment JWS online.docx
- Media:Assignment JWS online.pdf
- Media:Exercises regulatory motifs.docx
- Media:xercises regulatory motifs.pdf
Oct 12th: Lecture by Frank Bruggeman
Oct 13th: Lecture by, again, Frank Bruggeman
Topics for literature assignment: still a bit messy, but should give an idea:
Here are the groups for the literature study. Read the instructions carefully! Also note a few changes compared to the mailed version.