Parallel and Distributed Computer Systems Master
From Master Projects
Introduction and Checkpoints
When you want to start a Master Project you have to take the following steps:
- First you need to orientate on the different subjects that can be done at the VU or at a company. You can find all the information on this Wiki and at the "stagebureau".
- Make an appointment with the Master Coordinator to discuss your interests. The Master Coordinator will suggest a supervisor. When your interest lies with a domain of another Master Programme the Master Coordinator will send you to the contact person of this domain. The contact person will then suggest a supervisor.
- Make an appointment with the suggested supervisor. During this meeting you will make an agreement about the master project. The agreement must consist of the following items: Project place, theme of the research question, supervisor, second reader and period. After this you have to register your project in the Master Project Wiki.
- After the first month you submit your plan. The plan consists of the context, the problem statement, the research question, the method and a planning formulated on max. 4 pages. At the same moment you will present this material to your supervisor and other students and their supervisors in a meeting.
- When the final version of master project is submitted to your supervisor and the second reader you will give the final presentation during a special meeting. After this your supervisor will give the final grade for your work. Here you can find the assessment form for the Master Project.
- In principle you cannot do your Master Project at the company you already work for.
- A Master Project CS and PDCS consists of 36 ects this is approximately 6 months of work. If there is an interruption of more than 3 months the project will be considered failed.
- The Master Project has to be written in English.
- The checkpoints above are derived from the general guidelines for the Masterproject within the department of Computer Science.
Master Project Guide
Register your Master Project
- If you are following the IWT, HPDC or the PDCS programme please contact your mentor.