Bioinformatics Project Plan
Before you start your project you should write a Project Plan together with your daily supervisor. Your IBIVU supervisor needs to agree with the plan before you start. Your plan should be approximately one A4 (400-600 words) and contain the following:
- Your daily supervisor(s)
- Your VU supervisor
- Second reader (also from the VU)
- The proposal (Background, Approach and Objectives)
- A time line
- One paragraph on the background of the research
- Make sure to include a motivation for the research
- One or two paragraphs to describe how you will approach the research
- Make sure to clearly state the research question(s) you are aiming to answer.
- What existing programs and databases will you use to answer your questions?
- What programming language will you use?
Aims and Objectives
- What do you hope to deliver by the end of your internship? (e.g. program, method, database, benchmark)
- What new biological insights do you hope to find?
- How do you aim to test the reliability of a method you have developed (if applicable)?
- Give your intended start and end date
- Describe per month which tasks you are planning to perform, e.g.:
- background reading
- program design
- script writing
- analysing results
- writing your project thesis
- Please indicate some 'mid-term' deliverables: a mid-term presentation and/or the introduction and/or methods section of your thesis.
- If your project depends on data that will be produced by others, please indicate this