Bioinformatics and Systems Biology Internships External
From Master Projects
Revision as of 10:28, 31 May 2010 by Feenstra
- We receive a fair number of requests for "Summer Internships", or other types of 'Internships'. We have only limited capability for to accommodate and supervise students. Please have a look at our list of open and current projects to get an idea of possible internship topics.
- While it may be completely obvious to you what in 'Internship' is, we know from experience that this can mean many different things in different countries, and even in different Universities or Schools. You should therefore take it as your first and foremost responsibilty to clearly explain to us precisely what you mean with an 'Internship' and why you want to do it with us.
- If you want to make the effort to travel abroad to do an 'Internship', you should also have a clear idea about what topic you want to work on. Take it as your second responsibility to clearly explain to us what you want to work on and why.
- Typically, we will be hesitant to take in a bachelor student from abroad for an internship. It will be very difficult for us to guarantee that the investment in time and money from you and ourselves will be well-spent. If you can show us other another student (or students) from your University or School that has successfully completed her or his project on a similar topic (Bioinformatics) at a University in the Netherlands, that would be very helpful. For students from one of the exchange partner Universities abroad, this will not be a problem. We have some general information for exchange students in English, unfortunately, the more detailed information is in Dutch.
- In addition to your resume (CV), we will want to see some of the actual work you have done. Please be prepared to send us one of your latest project reports on a relevant topic. The abstract, at least, should be (translated) in English.
- We as IBIVU cannot offer a grant or other financial compensation for your internship. There are a limited number of scholarships available from the VU University and other sources for particularly excellent or promising students.