Bioinformatics and Systems Biology Master
From Master Projects
Introduction and Checkpoints
When you want to start a Master Project you have to take the following steps:
- First you need to orientate on the different subjects that can be done at the VU or at a company. You can find all the information here on this Wiki and at the "stagebureau".
- Make an appointment with the Master Coordinator to discuss your interests. The Master Coordinator will suggest a supervisor. When your interest lies with a domain of another Master Programme the Master Coordinator will send you to the contact person of this domain. The contact person will then suggest a supervisor.
- Make an appointment with the suggested supervisor. During this meeting you will make an agreement about the master project. The agreement must consist of the following items: Project place, theme of the research question, supervisor, second reader and period. After this you have to register your project in the Master Project Wiki.
- When the project is registered you have to print your Master Project page and let your supervisor sign. Then you have to submit the signed printout to the Onderwijsbureau FEW.
- After the first month you submit your plan. The plan consists of the context, the problem statement, the research question, the method and a planning formulated on max. 4 pages. At the same moment you will present this material to your supervisor and other students and their supervisors in a meeting.
- When the final version of master project is submitted to your supervisor and the second reader you will give the final presentation during a special meeting. After this your supervisor will give the final grade for your work. Here you can find the assessment form for the Master Project.
- In principle you cannot do your Master Project at the company you already work for.
- The Master Project has to be written in English.
- The checkpoints above are derived from the general guidelines for the Masterproject within the department of Computer Science.
Master Project Guide
Overview of Masterprojects
Click on one of the pages below to get an overview of current and past projects, and to register your own project.