Bioinformatics and Systems Biology Rules for Assignments and Exams
From Master Projects
Rules for Exams and Assignments in the courses:
- Fundamentals of Bioinformatics
- Principles of Bioinformatics
- Research Questions in Bioinformatics
- Algorithms in Sequence Analysis
- Structural Bioinformatics
- Bioinformatics for Translational Medicine
- The final grade of a course is the weighted average of all components (each assignment, project, exam)
- The grade of each component must be at least 5.0 in order to pass the course
- You can only take the final exam, if all assignments have been handed in.
- You are allowed one resit of your final exam, this resit needs to take place before the end of the next period, and will generally be an oral exam.
- Feedback on assignments will only be given during practical sessions -- please attend and ask questions! Assignment grades should not be considered feedback.
- Late assignments:
- Late assignments will incur a penalty of 0.5 point per day, subtracted from the final mark for this assignment.
- An extension to the deadline may be granted, but only if you request an extension from the coordinator before the deadline
- Late assignments will not be graded before the end of the course.
- You can only resubmit one assignment (in case of an extended deadline or scored under a 5.0). This assignment needs to be handed in before the end of the next period.
- Collaboration on assignments is allowed only if explicitly indicated in the course manual or on blackboard. Collaboration must always be indicated in the submitted work, including who were involved, and who contributed what.
- Individual assignments (text, results, figures, tables, code) may not be shared under any circumstance.
- Any external text (articles, textbooks, wikipedia, etcetera) may only be included if clearly indicated as quotation, and with a proper reference.
An Assessment Plan for the master is in prepartion; we will include a reference to it as soon as it becomes officially available.