Bioinformatics and Systems Biology Rules for Assignments and Exams
From Master Projects
Revision as of 08:17, 2 September 2014 by Feenstra
Rules for Exams and Assignments in the courses:
- Fundamentals of Bioinformatics
- Principles of Bioinformatics
- Research Questions in Bioinformatics
- Algorithms in Sequence Analysis
- Structural Bioinformatics
- Bioinformatics for Translational Medicine
- The final grade of a course is the weighted average of all components (each assignment, project, exam)
- The grade of each component must be at least 5.0 in order to pass the course
- You can only take the final exam, if all assignments have been handed in.
- You are allowed one resit of your final exam, this resit needs to take place before the end of the next period, and will generally be an oral exam.
- Feedback on assignments will only be given during practical sessions -- please attend and ask questions! Assignment grades should not be considered feedback.
- For each day of unauthorised delay after the deadline, an assignment will incur a penalty of 0.5 point subtracted from the final mark for this assignment.
- An extension to the deadline may be granted, but only if you request an extension from the coordinator before the deadline
- Late assignments will not be graded before the end of the course.
- You can only resubmit one assignment (in case of an extended deadline or scored under a 5.0). This assignment needs to be handed in before the end of the next period.