Fundamentals of Bioinformatics 2013-2014
This wiki system is no longer maintained.
- Mondays & Tuesdays:
- 09.00-11.00: lectures
- 11.00-12.00, 13.00-14.00: Practical Project
- 14.00-16.00: Programming Classes
- Wedesdays & Thursdays:
- Maths Classes
- Biology Classes (see below for times and rooms)
- Monday October 7, 09.00-11.00 we will have a question hour for the exam in room M623. This will be your opportunity to ask questions for the exam!
- Monday October 14, 11.00-12.00 and 13.00-14.00 we will have the second question hour for the exam in room M623. This will be your final opportunity to ask questions for the exam!
- The written exam will be on Monday October 21 from 8.45-11.30 in room WN-Q105.
- Friday, October 25, 9.00-17.30 there will be the mini symposium 'Bioinformatics meets Systems Biology' where all students from the Fundamentals of Bioinformatics and the Introduction to Systems Biology courses will present their work.
- The symposium will take place in Artis Zoo, in the lecture room “De Volharding” (Artis - Building 42 highlighted in a yellow circle), which is at 10-15 min. walking distance from the main entrance.
The biology classes are given at the UvA Science Park.
Recommended book: Molecular Biology of the Cell by Alberts et al.; Garland Science, 2008.
Schedule - t.b.a.
Lecture slides will be posted here or on BlackBoard.